Vision, Mission, & Bylaws
The Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) is the leading professional organization promoting the advancement and commercial use of information and communication technologies, services, policies, and knowledge, to benefit its global members and the people of the Pacific Hemisphere.
To realize its Vision, the Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) motivates and enables its members to conduct trade in facilities, technologies, and services and to use the power of information and communication technologies (ICT) to improve the quality of life in the Asia-Pacific.
Specifically, PTC will:
- Organize conferences, exhibitions, and other forums to promote the open exchange of information, ideas and views in the context of the commercial, social, economic, and other development needs in the Pacific Hemisphere.
- Bring together influential leaders from diverse backgrounds and locations to informally debate contemporary and controversial issues affecting the development and use of ICT.
- Encourage the research, development, and application of technologies, services and policies through our constituency of educators, governments, commercial organizations, non-profit entities and user communities, especially to overcome uneven development and competency divides.
- Grow an active diverse membership of experts and influential professionals committed to achieving our Vision.
- Monitor and address members’ needs and continuously create value for them.
- Develop the resources and capabilities needed to achieve our Vision in a sustainable manner.
- Promote widely the views, role, activities, and benefits of the Pacific Telecommunications Council.
Download the amended and restated bylaws (pdf).
Effective: 19 November 2008
Note: These bylaws may be altered, amended, added to, or repealed by an affirmative vote of not less than two-thirds (2/3) of the Board of Governors present at any valid meeting; provided, however, that the regional/membership category allocations set forth in Article V, Section 2 and Article VI, Section 2 shall only be modified by the Members. Notice of any proposed amendments shall have been given in writing in the call for such meeting, subject to repeal or change by action of the Members. Written notice of any effective amendment(s) to these bylaws shall be provided to the Members.
Download the Membership Brochure (pdf) and learn about PTC membership.
Would you like to become a PTC Member? Complete the online Membership Application.
PTC'14: New World, New Strategies will take place from 19-22 January 2014 in Honolulu, Hawaii.