Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) is pleased to present the PTC Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership to recognize the value of a PTC Member, PTC staff, or volunteer who has provided exceptional service to the organization over a significant period of time – 25 years or more.
It’s a wonderful way to acknowledge and honor individuals in the industry who have contributed to PTC’s strategic growth, development of its community outreach initiatives, and work done in the Asia-Pacific region.
Nominations must be supported by two PTC Members and submitted in writing, no more than 500 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission should explain how the nominee meets the criteria with specific examples of their contributions and time period of service performed.
The deadline to submit a nomination is 28 October 2022.
Please review the criteria and other details below:
- The individual will have provided meritorious service and demonstrated leadership by contributing to the ongoing development of the organization over a time period of not less than 25 years.
- Qualifying service could include contributions as a PTC staff member, Board of Governors member, Advisory Council member, or otherwise as a PTC Member or volunteer contributing to the activities of PTC, including contributing to the development or monitoring of programs.
- Nominations should provide documentation of the nominee’s service to the organization, and the time period over which the contributions were made.
- PTC Members and the Secretariat may make a nomination. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Nominations must be submitted in writing (500 words maximum) to email@example.com.
- An Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership may be given annually if there are suitable candidate(s). If no candidate(s) meet the criteria, an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership may not be made for that year.
- The selected candidate(s) may be a current or former staff member of PTC, a current or former member of PTC, or volunteer over a period of time no less than 25 years.
- Selected candidate(s) may receive recognition at an Annual Conference event such as the PTC Members’ Soirée. (Note: Recipient is responsible for travel expenses.)
- Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership recipient(s) may not represent an organization and may not reserve a suite at the Annual Conference on behalf of any organization. The name of an organization cannot be listed on their Annual Conference badge or in the Annual Conference program.
- Nominations will be vetted by the PTC Honors Committee which will make a recommendation to the Board of Governors.
- The PTC Honors Committee will have the option of not recommending a nominee(s) if they do not meet the award criteria. The committee will attempt to make its decisions by consensus. If consensus is not achieved, the committee may refer a decision on a specific nomination to the Board of Governors.
- The Board of Governors has the final responsibility and authority to approve or not approve an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership, bearing in mind the recommendation of the PTC Honors Committee.
- The Board of Governors may approve more than one candidate for an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership in any given year.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org