Chief Executive Officer
Reuma Halal-Shibi has over 15 years of experience in telecommunications. She has worked for and with major telecom companies all around the world.
Reuma held senior positions in both voice and data wholesale, and has vast knowledge in the industry’s trends and solutions.
Reuma holds a B.A. in economics and management. She is a former IDF lieutenant and in parallel to her lieutenant duties also held a commanding HR role and was a liaison officer for the United Nations.
She is also a proud mother of two children and speaks three languages.
What technology breakthrough would pave the way for the ICT industry?
There are many technology breakthroughs that could pave the way for the ICT industry in the coming years. Here are a few possibilities:
- Quantum computing: Quantum computing is a technology that could revolutionize the ICT industry by providing much faster and more powerful computing capabilities than classical computers. This could have significant implications for everything from artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics to cybersecurity.
- 5G networks: 5G networks are the next generation of wireless networks that promise to deliver faster speeds, lower latency, and greater capacity than current 4G networks. This could enable new applications such as smart cities, autonomous vehicles, and remote surgery.
- Internet of Things (IoT): The IoT is a network of interconnected devices that can exchange data and interact with each other. This technology has the potential to transform industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation by enabling greater efficiency and automation.
- AI: AI is already transforming many industries, including ICT, by enabling new applications such as natural language processing, computer vision, and machine learning. As AI technology continues to advance, it could unlock new opportunities and drive innovation in the ICT industry.
- Blockchain: Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that enables secure and transparent transactions without the need for intermediaries. This technology has the potential to transform industries such as finance, supply chain, and healthcare by enabling greater efficiency and transparency.
I look forward to seeing what the future brings!
How can telecommunications technologies help humanity?
Telecommunications technologies have the potential to help humanity in many ways, including:
- Improving communication: Telecommunications technologies enable people to communicate with each other across great distances, regardless of physical barriers. This can help people stay connected with loved ones, collaborate with colleagues, and access information and resources to which they might not otherwise have access.
- Enabling remote work and education: Telecommunications technologies have become even more important during the COVID-19 pandemic as people have had to work and learn remotely. Video conferencing, cloud computing, and online learning platforms, for example, have made it possible for people to stay connected and productive even when they cannot be physically present in the same location.
- Enhancing healthcare: Telecommunications technologies have the potential to transform healthcare by enabling remote monitoring, telemedicine, and other forms of virtual care. This can help improve access to healthcare services, reduce costs, and improve patient outcomes.
- Enabling financial inclusion: Applications such as mobile banking and digital payments can help improve financial inclusion by enabling people who might not have access to traditional banking services to participate in the economy.
- Overall, telecommunications technologies have the potential to help humanity in many ways by improving communication, enabling remote work and education, enhancing healthcare, and enabling financial inclusion. As these technologies continue to advance, they could unlock even more opportunities to improve people’s lives.
What new apps would be a game-changer in the next five (5) years?
In the next five years, no one can really predict game-changing apps, but here is some information I have collected:
- Augmented reality (AR) apps: With the advancement of AR technology, we are likely to see the emergence of AR apps that provide users with immersive and interactive experiences. These could include AR-based shopping apps that allow users to try on clothes virtually or AR-based gaming apps that offer unique gameplay experiences.
- Virtual personal shopping apps: As online shopping continues to grow in popularity, virtual personal shopping apps could become a game-changer. These apps could use AI and machine learning to provide users with personalized recommendations based on their preferences, purchase history, and browsing behavior.
- Mental health apps: As mental health continues to be a growing concern, mental health apps that offer personalized support could become a game-changer. These apps could use AI to provide users with personalized therapy sessions, mindfulness exercises, and support groups.
- Voice controlled apps: With the rise of smart speakers and voice assistants, we are likely to see more voice controlled apps emerge. These apps could range from simple voice controlled home automation apps to more complex voice controlled healthcare apps.
- Quantum computing apps: As quantum computing continues to advance, we could see the emergence of quantum computing apps that offer faster and more efficient computing capabilities. These apps could be used in industries such as finance, healthcare, and logistics, where complex computations are required.
How does PTC fit your company’s goals or career purpose, and what would you share with those interested in becoming a PTC Member?
Hiring managers are a specific level of management in an organization. I find PTC to be well attended at the senior level, and for Pair Recruitment, it’s the right audience to discuss hiring requirements, globally.
What advice would you share with current and future graduates interested in this field?
Our industry is very hard to describe at a diner table, yet, once you get into this field, it is one of the coolest, most innovative, agile, and pumping industries, that can bring you high salary but also great joy for your work achievements and friendships with colleagues.
What is something that not that many people know about you?
I love fishing and I’m pretty good at catching snappers!
About Pair Recruitment
Pair Recruitment is a boutique recruitment company, helping the telecom industry pair people with companies. Pair was founded in 2018 by an experienced entrepreneur, who recognized the unique recruitment needs of the telecom sector.
Pair offers an agile and prompt approach, featuring in-depth assessments of the candidates, based on the company’s knowledge of the industry.
Our goal is to minimize the time employers spend on recruitment by providing quality assessments rather than just interviews. We carefully select the candidates and put forward only relevant people that fit the role and the organization’s culture.