PTC HONORARY INDIVIDUAL LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP
The PTC Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership recognizes the value of a PTC Member, PTC staff, or volunteer who has provided exceptional service to the organization over a significant period of time – 25 years or more.
It’s a wonderful way to acknowledge and honor individuals in the industry who have contributed to PTC’s strategic growth, development of its community outreach initiatives, and work done in the Asia-Pacific region.
At PTC’24, recipients will be recognized at the PTC Members’ Soirée, as well as at the Awards Ceremony.
- The individual will have provided meritorious service and demonstrated leadership by contributing to the ongoing development of the organization over a time period of not less than 25 years.
- Qualifying service could include contributions as a PTC staff member, Board of Governors member, Advisory Council member, or otherwise as a PTC Member or volunteer contributing to the activities of PTC, including contributing to the development or monitoring of programs.
- The nominations for this recognition will come from with the PTC Secretariat and PTC Honors Committee.
- An Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership may be given annually if there are suitable candidate(s). If no candidate(s) meet the criteria, an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership may not be made for that year.
- The selected candidate(s) may be a current or former staff member of PTC, a current or former member of PTC, or volunteer over a period of time no less than 25 years.
- Selected candidate(s) may receive recognition at an Annual Conference event such as the PTC Members’ Soirée. (Note: Recipient is responsible for travel expenses.)
- Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership recipient(s) may not represent an organization and may not reserve a suite at the Annual Conference on behalf of any organization. The name of an organization cannot be listed on their Annual Conference badge or in the Annual Conference program.
- Nominations will be come from the PTC Honors Committee which will make a recommendation to the Board of Governors.
- The PTC Honors Committee will have the option of not recommending a nominee(s) if they do not meet the award criteria. The committee will attempt to make its decisions by consensus. If consensus is not achieved, the committee may refer a decision on a specific nomination to the Board of Governors.
- The Board of Governors has the final responsibility and authority to approve or not approve an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership, bearing in mind the recommendation of the PTC Honors Committee.
- The Board of Governors may approve more than one candidate for an Honorary Individual Lifetime Membership in any given year.
Questions? Email email@example.com
2023 Award Recipient
At PTC’23, PTC presented the 2023 Richard J. Barber PTC Distinguished Service Award to William (Bill) Barney. An advocate for regulatory and industry change and a major proponent of cloud computing and open networks, Bill has supported PTC in various capacities for over 20 years, including 10+ years on the Board of Governors, where he is currently serving as president and chair.
2021 Award Recipient
The 2021 Richard J. Barber PTC Distinguished Service Award will be presented during PTC’21: New Realities in January 2021.
The award includes high-profile recognition at PTC’s Annual Conference along with a certificate and gift.
To nominate a deserving individual for the 2021 Richard J. Barber PTC Distinguished Service Award, please review the nomination guidelines and email your submission (500-word maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTC Members are encouraged to nominate a fellow member, staff person, or volunteer for this prestigious award.
Deadline to nominate: Friday, 16 October 2020.
Nomination Review Process
Nominations are vetted by the PTC Awards Committee, which makes a recommendation to the Board of Governors for approval.