Do you have 29 months? Recent studies have shown that’s how long it can take to prepare a promising mid-level manager for senior management positions.
But do you have two days? That’s how long the PTC Academy takes to provide middle managers with insight on the skills and challenges routinely faced by C-suite executives in the global telecom business.
Allow your future leaders the chance to explore what skills they possess and what experience they need to develop in leading, managing change, and transitioning to senior leadership roles at PTC Academy Thailand: Navigating Change. The intensive two-day course will be held 20-21 September 2018 in Bangkok, at the facilities of Loxley Public Co., Ltd. Registration is limited to the first 30 students. Learn more and reserve your seat today.
Previous attendees have said:
“It provided me with some new ideas to deal with my job, my customers, and my staff.”
“I’ve learned a lot of important business strategies, which will be implemented for my company.”
“I’m quite sure that my boss will accept what I’m going to report to them about this program. Then, for the next conference he should agree when I request to send my colleagues to attend.”
“It has given me confidence, in fact, knowing that when I go back to my organization, I bring with me new insights that will most likely help us with our long-term objectives.”
“I’ve learned a lot about the telecom industry and its current state and challenges. This is ‘the’ sort of event that I would recommend to others and attend the next one in the region.”
President & Co-Founder
Director, Business Operations
Ocean Specialists, Inc. (OSI)
Executive Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer
VP Business Development EMEA
What you can expect to learn:
- How has the telecom business changed since 2000?
- What challenges do C-level executives face?
- How has customer demand changed?
- How has competition changed?
- Key business model issues
- What drives traffic load on emerging market long-haul networks?
- What role is played by data centers?
- What apps and use cases dominate?
- Where are the markets likely to go?
- Is OTT an opportunity or threat?
- What can executives do to convert threats into opportunities?
- What are the key threats to revenue?
- What are the key responses to create new revenue streams?
- What strategies are available to you?
- What organizational changes must you make?
- How can you implement organizational changes?
- Where are your biggest new revenue streams? How do you grasp them?
- What drives the next wave of revenue growth?
- Who are the customers?
- What do those customers need and want?
- How can you meet the customers needs?
- What technologies, platforms, and network changes will have the greatest impact on your business over the next decade?
- Can your business move up the stack and why does it matter?
- How can your business move up the stack?
- What if your business cannot move up the stack? What are the alternatives?
- How does your business strategy relate to revenue opportunities?
- What skills will you need to move up your own career ladder?
- Mistakes to avoid in your career
- Issues in your career to concentrate on
- Data center business as an example of how to apply skills
- How and why are networks changing?
- What has to be done to create such networks?
- How might competitors react to these new networks?
- Key capabilities and how they lead to business outcomes
- New business model opportunities created by new networks